Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The BHGE Oil Field Equipment Surface Pressure Control (SPC) Engineering team is currently seeking experienced Mechanical Design Engineers. He/She will be involved in executing Mechanical design of SPC products and systems including Wellheads, Trees, Connectors, Casings, Hangers and associated tooling.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for design development of SPC Mechanical products for Projects and Programs.
Essential Responsibilities:Lead & Execute the design, evaluation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Lead & Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Lead & Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide support for both internal and external customers
- Deliver Engineering definition including specifications, Bill of Materials, Drawings, Procedures per latest technical standards.Qualifications/Requirements:- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering / Masters in Machine Design /Structures from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an engineering position
- Experience in heavy engineering / O&G /Infrastructure /Power /Automotive business segments
Desired Characteristics:- Software proficiency in MathCad and ProEngineer/Team center/PLM,
- Familiarity with Surface Pressure Control equipment, and standards- API standards/ specifications
- Strong awareness of ASME Y 14.5, GDNT fundamentals, Drafting standards
- Expertise in Creating, Reviewing Drawings, BOMs, Specs, Design Documents and Change Management processes
- Understanding of product rationalization and restructuring methods
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Preferable to have MS-Project expertise
- Six Sigma certification (preferable).
- Ability to interpret Finite Element Analysis results
- Working knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Machine Design
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more