Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
TITLE: Fire Assay Technician
DEPARTMENT: High Grade Fire Assay
REPORTS TO: High Grade LabOps Manager
Reporting to the HG LabOps Manager, Fire Assay Technician performs basic routine and non-routine duties (including troubleshooting, documentation and light maintenance) related to the analysis of sample by fire assay by fusion, scorification and cupellation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load, pour and pound a fusion accurately, and to oversee other employees (cross-train support) load and pour according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Set up and charge a crucible set per information provided and training for mixing, including discarding all crucibles that should be discarded
- Ensure fast and accurate processing of incoming samples in priority sequence
- Perform and document quality checks at all stages of sample handling
- Operate furnace equipment and ensure all required calibration records and maintenance are maintained
- Comply with all occupational safety regulations, laboratory safety procedures, and requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025 Quality management system SOP's
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Obtain all necessary safety related training as required for specific hazards-i.e. forklift training, respirator fit and use, continuing blood lead and health monitoring checks.
- Use and maintain fit for all required PPE, including PPE specific to Fire Assay hazards
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience using heavy equipment is an asset
- Prior experience as a fire assayer is an asset, but Bureau Veritas does train otherwise qualified individuals that exhibit appropriate potential
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Able and willing to learn fire assay troubleshooting as skills advance with training
- Excellent English, verbal and written (includes ability to document procedural changes as discovered during assigned troubleshooting tasks)
- Able and willing to lift up to 50 lbs. and repetitively lift and handle 30 pounds
- Able and willing to work in hot environments wearing PPE specific to Fire Assay hazards
- Able and willing to work evening, extended evening and flexible hour shifts
- Basic math and data entry skills
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.