Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (NETWORK SERVICES)
Primary Purpose of Job
1. Support day-to-day network hardware and software operation covering routing, switching, WiFi, MPLS technologies within core, distribution and access layers.
2. Analyse network performance followed by performing structured troubleshooting processes in support of operation, escalation, and resolution of assigned network operation related incidents reported by Service Helpdesk, and Network Operations Centre.
3. Leveraging sophisticated tools and applications to resolve incidents in a timely manner and ensure a robust and non-disruptive delivery of network services.
4. Support day-to-day network cabling infrastructure operation support as per QP ICT cabling standard.
5. Interact, collaborate with peers, coach, and provide technical support to peers, technicians, and new staff under development programs by publishing technical documentation, hosting regular training or knowledge transfer sessions to update, and improve section staff technical knowledge and expertise.
6. Achieve sustainable and high quality levels of network operation availability and up time.
7. Forecast and develop network capacity report to cater current and future network operation requirement.
8. Forecast, plan and prepare network infrastructure related BoQ and purchase requisitions by conducting meticulous review of network operation requirement to ensure efficient, cost effective, optimum respond and resolution time.
9. Develop and maintain network operation support related documentation, procedures and versioning.
• A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering field.
• Possess one of the following certifications: CCNP, CCIP, or CCDP
• Higher level certification such as CCIE in Routing/Switching and/or Service Provider is a plus
Experience & Skills
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in diverse and technically complex environment, preferably related to the service provider industry.
• Experience with enterprise level routing switching device troubleshooting, installation, configuration, testing, monitoring and maintenance.• Strong knowledge of infrastructure routing switching, IP MPLS core technologies and other service provider network technologies.
• Excellent experience with infrastructure hardware installations and configurations, knowledge of IP convergence systems and services, service provider grade networking systems, wireless implementation and services, desktop and client end services, emerging infrastructure services, and general industrial-grade technologies and systems.
• Effective problem solver with strong analytical and methodical thought process skills for the goal of analysing complex technical issues, making sound engineering decisions and executing effective actions.
• General project management skills including setting up objectives, compiling reports, identifying priorities, and selecting right team members.
•Knowledge of enterprise and element management systems including system and network administration, performance monitoring, problem management, change management, service-desk methodologies, and asset management
• Strong knowledge of techniques used to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and third party personnel
• Strong writing skills with the ability to write network operation related reports, technical blueprints, high and low level design documents, standards, processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
• Strong verbal and communications skills.
• Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa