Skills: Barge Engineer, Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Currently looking for a CHIEF MECHANIC for AMPHION JACKUP.
The Chief Mechanic is responsible for all mechanical maintenance and engineering activities on the installation with accountability for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
• Ensure all mechanical systems and equipment on the rig are maintained to high operational standard and supervises the safe operation of the rig's maintenance department.
• Work closely with Rig Mechanic and coordinates joint maintenance task as required.
• Maintain a vigilant effort to assess the condition of mechanical components, to minimize equipment downtime or unsafe situations.
• Prepare and maintain up-to-date maintenance records for all rig equipment and schedule work in the most efficient and least disruptive manner within a specified time-frame dictated by the preventive maintenance program.
• Diagnose and supervise repairs on malfunctioning equipment of all types, including diesel and gasoline engines, rig draw works, power end of mud pumps, air compressors, transmissions, rotary tables, rotary and power swivels and related equipment to ensure continuity of operations.
• Conduct safety and housekeeping checks to ensure proper practices are observed.
• Supervise and monitor hydraulic crane activities and the operators. Assure safe practices are observed and the equipment is properly maintained.
- Experience on CJ46, 50 & 70 Class Preferred
- Prior experience on Amphion Jackup is a MUST
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate, endorsed with additional drug/alcohol test
- Valid OPITO BOSIET
- H2S / Breathing Apparatus (Yearly)
- Confined Space Entry - Practical
- Minimum of 5 years as a Chief Mechanic on Amphion Jack-Up Drilling Rig.
Regret only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted