Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:An opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our exciting and innovative electronics engineering team. This role will require the individual to input to product design, improvements and innovation, producing cutting edge electronics for global use in the arena of pipeline inspection tools. The basis of the hardware is par allel high performance computers based on microprocessors, DSPs, and FPGAs.
- Develop system level solutions to complex electronic design and signal processing problems
- Develop mixed signal (Analogue/Digital) electronics designs to interf ace sensors and transducers
- Ensure design and development of products that satisfy customers' technical requirements and meet
both time scale and budgetary constraints
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose
- Produce high quality prod uct documentation according to ISO 9000 and ATEX
- Work closely with other Electronic, Mechanical and Software Engineers to produce state-of-the-art
- Supporting external customers and internal functions (sales, sourcing, etc.)
- Degree level qualification in Electronic Engineering
- Proven design project experience
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods of communications engineering?
- CAD system knowledge
- Knowledge of analogue & digital hardware
- Experience in the use of laboratory equipment, environmental, and in field test equipment
- Experienced in working in a formal design environment with a version control system
- Ability to work in a global, fast moving team
- Enthusiasm for leading edge technology
- Proven communications skills in English
- Knowledge of C programming, serial interfaces and protocols (e.g. CAN, Ethernet, LVDS etc).
- Knowledge of different processors and FPGAs
- Knowledge of hardware manufacturing processes, assembly and test
- Experience in trouble shooting of hardware
- Experienced user of lab equipment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more