Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of MCBU - Communications Advisorlocated in Houston, Tx through August 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron's Mid-Continent Business Unit (MCBU) is a dynamic, fast-based business that operates Chevron's upstream assets in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado, including the company's growing Permian Basin operations. Chevron is a leading producer in the Permian Basin and expects to reach 900,000 barrels a day of production by the end of 2023. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way - by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
The Mid-Continent Business Unit (MCBU) Communications Advisor will provide broad communications support with the objective of enhancing employee engagement, satisfaction and alignment for a high performing business. The successful candidate will develop employee engagement programs, provide internal communications support and deliver consistent communications deliverables that recognize business progress and team successes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the MCBU public affairs team in Midland and Houston, MCBU leadership and MCBU workforce across functions and geographic locations.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Research and develop communication materials, including intranet articles, presentations, briefing materials, remarks and messaging for internal and external use
- Support Communications Team Lead and public and government affairs team with internal and external communications
- Utilize videos, social media and other communication technologies to advance employee engagement
- Manage internal website and coordinate site updates with internal stakeholders
- Provide strategic communications advice and support to internal customers
- Manage monthly internal digests and editorial calendar
- Provide support for internal and external meetings, events and conferences
- Participate in special projects in support of business unit communications deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related discipline
- At least 5 years' experience of corporate communications experience
- Proven track record in strategic communications to effectively reach a broad audience of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrated basic project management skills, including projects requiring collaboration across business leadership and functions
- Ability to clearly communicate and prepare high quality materials for peers and executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of upstream business
- Demonstrated ability to manage logistics and coordinate large employee events and engagements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively develop materials with limited oversight
- Demonstrated ability to build plans necessary for successful deliverable execution.
- Ability to identify and manage critical interdependencies and proactively resolve issues.
- Ability to manage third-party resources or vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, ability to build consensus and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary environments; interact effectively with management, peers, partners, government officials and suppliers.
- Requires in-depth expertise in varying communications functions including internal, external, media and crisis communications.
- Excellent English-language communications skills in a wide variety of mediums is critical.
- Demonstrated experience with a broad variety of digital communications delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives, goals and strategies into communications strategies, plans and tactics.
- Ability to work with executives to establish effective communications strategies. Demonstrated ability to successfully implement and deliver communications strategies and plans.
- Communications experience within the oil and gas or similar industry, preferably an exploration and production company.
- Strong knowledge of upstream business, specifically shale and tight asset development
- Ability to work collaboratively, foster cooperation and teamwork with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and priorities
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.