Skills: Business Analyst, Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SR. SPECIALIST, OIL COMMERCIAL
Primary Purpose of Job
Working within cross-functional teams and independently steward QP's and the State of Qatar's commercial interests embedded in a complex range of existing fiscal and shareholding agreements, related to Domestic and International Oil ventures (the "Assets"), using effective asset management commercial knowledge and processes. Accountabilities associated with the position: - Insuring strict adherence to all terms associated with the various agreements associated with each asset. - Asset review and reporting. - Reporting of asset commercial/operational performance. - Reviews and monitoring of annual work program and budgets. - Drafting necessary amendments as required on agreements in association with legal. - Leading dispute resolutions - Challenge costs and cost allocations as necessary. - Advising management on Board Resolutions
Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or business economics from an accredited university, preferably in a field related to petroleum engineering. Postgraduate qualification (MSc. or MBA) is advantageous.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 10 years of work experience in upstream exploration/production management, drilling, process and export facilities. In addition, experience in developing Joint Operating Agreement (JOA's), solving upstream commercial matters, being able to perform and understand project economics, oil/gas reservoir evaluation and enhanced oil recovery, extracting value within marketing and business development. Preference will go to those involved with a multitude of the above attributes.
• Direct involvement with contract negotiation, legal drafting and influencing skills;
• Experience in working within a large, preferably multicultural, international organization; and being a reliable and respectful team member. • Willingness to keep abreast of various activities of the countries in which QP is present as they pertain to oil & gas production, laws of development, HSE and the export of equity shares of petroleum and whatever potential risks may lie ahead.
• Excellent problem solving, communication, presentation and computing skills; and
• Good command of the English language (verbal and written)
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa