Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates detailed execution procedures for offshore subsea projects.
- Develop and provide creative, efficient cost effective solution for customers.
- Manage project proposal or plans. Determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contracts.
- Understanding of scope of works, T & C's and pricing; basis for revenues and the cost associated with delivery of products/services.
- Provide customers with recommended course of action regarding implementation of project procedures.
- Lead project team, organize and conduct project team meetings. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Provide cost and revenue accruals for projects on cost basis. Reports as required at various stages of the project.
- Provide job forecast for total cost, total revenue, and JP%.
- Ensure accurate client billings on assigned projects.
- Direct activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Provide direction for sea fastening and procedure drawings.
- Maintain project reports for management, client, or others.
- Manage project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Responsible for identifying and submitting deliverables for completion of project.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international
- Manage 3 rd party vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage and ensure delivery and quality of internal and external suppliers.
- Promote safety in all aspects of a project and support company HSE goals and commitments.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Create document file structure and maintain project files and all project documents including but not limited to: Pre-mob activity schedule, project schedule, installation manual, Project overview Personnel and equipment schedule, Org chart, Compilation of Post-Job Data Book.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies or concepts.
- Prioritizes work activities and plans for additional resources.
- Work in a highly collaborative, team focused environment.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with increasing responsibility successfully managing various projects with subsea and underwater construction experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Safe Gulf Safety Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Valid Passport
- BS Engineering, construction or technology
- P.M.P certified
- 10 years subsea experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; MS Office, document control systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.