The Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component is an exciting and fast paced role within the Drilling Systems organization at BHGE. The position owns product development projects for surface and subsea drill-through components such as annular & ram BOPs, diverters, risers, connectors, telescopic joints, stacks and control systems. This position requires highly motivated and creative individuals who are comfortable working on both short and long term assignments. Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and support of Drilling products with activities including developing new designs, supporting manufacturing operations, resolving fleet issues and supporting testing operations.
- Execute with limited guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to standards, practices, procedures and product/program requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to mechanical product engineering team and coordinate with other engineering teams including global product engineering, analysis and materials, to achieve project objectives.
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements including development of product qualification and test plans
- Participate and present in technical and project design reviews
- Participate and engage in industry and technical society meetings
- Work closely with application engineering to ensure accuracy of product engineering estimates to confirm customer requirements are understood, properly communicated and documented before the handover to engineering
- Work with designers to develop engineering models and drawings, create parts and assembly specifications, document design efforts according to the Design Planning Process (DPP) / ISO standards.
- Assist Sourcing with mediation of supply questions/issues to meet delivery timeline through proper documentation process.
- Support Manufacturing during the assembly and testing of equipment.
- Conduct testing per API/BHGE standards, and create written reports detailing results for both internal and third party/customer viewing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering and design role
- Product knowledge of subsea products including BOPs, Stacks, Risers, Connectors or Diverters
- Experience with new product development
- 5+ years relevant experience in the industry
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, ProE (or equivalent), and familiarity with PLM systems
- Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (API 16A/C/D, API 17D, ASME, NACE, BSEE, etc.)
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Understands general material types, coating types and manufacturing techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more