Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer in Houston, TX. The industrial engineer will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes. They will design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products. The industrial engineer will coordinate with production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. They will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routers to maximize effectiveness and efficiency. The role will be assigned to support these activities as well as a variety of production support projects at the HTC Machine Shop. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, a GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Develops and implements production methods.
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process.
- Provides product support, manufacturing support, and failure analysis.
- May design special tooling and fixtures for field, manufacturing and engineering use.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes to determine areas of improvement in performance, reliability, and/or cost.
- Reviews production information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to, production schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
- Designs control systems to minimize and resolve production issues and project costs.
- Creates systems and plan production to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 4+ years' experience
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills and project management skills
- Lean and/or 6 Sigma
- Knowledge of general principles, concepts, theories, and practices of applicable discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- APICS training or certification
- Value Engineering
- Cutting Tool Knowledge
- Plant Layout and 6S experience
- Blueprint reading and GD&T knowledge
- Ergonomics experience related to HSE
- CNC Machine Tool practices and operation
- High Volume Manufacturing
- Material Flow experience (VSM)
- Machine Tool Fixturing
- Oilfield Services Experience
Houston, TX (Rankin Road)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more