Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Mechanical Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division's engineering and design activities under the direction of a Project Manager. The Mechanical Engineer interacts with all OTECH departments as necessary to provide engineering support to OTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform fundamental engineering analysis, such as structural, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, etc.
- Direct designers to create CAD solid models and drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Recommend design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products or processes.
- Write test procedures, conduct tests, compile and evaluate test data, and complete required documentation.
- Prepare reports and present results to management.
- Provide support to bid and proposal efforts as needed.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering.
- 0-2 years of practical experience in mechanical/ocean engineering.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Matlab, etc).
- Able to apply a working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering and an understanding of related engineering fields.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Communication, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Hands-on abilities for assembling mechanical components.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification. Proposed
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.