Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Jr. Mechanical Technician's primary role is to support project development by completing mechanical and hydraulic system assembly work as required in support of various OTECH projects. The Mechanical Technician will perform assembly, integration, factory testing, field installation, and testing/debugging of mechanical/hydraulic equipment and systems under the direction of a lead technician. Project support primarily occurs at OTECH's Hanover MD location, but at times may require travel to field locations in the US and possibly abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mechanical Fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Operate fork truck, overhead crane and rigging.
- Assist as directed by Assembly Supervisor or project-specific Senior MT or Lead MT. Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Hydraulic Fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Hydraulic tube bending and hydraulic hose fabrication
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical Associates Degree or tech trade school preferred.
- Proficient in the use of common hand and power-driven tools including drills, grinders, drill presses, cut saws, etc.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.