Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE M&S (Druck Ltd) has a vacancy for a lead Electronic Engineer to join the Industrial Sensors Engineering Team, which consists of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers including Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers. The team works collaboratively with the China Engineering Team and the Product Management function to develop products to grow the Industrial business through both Custom Product Opportunities (CPO) and New Product Introductions (NPI).Essential Responsibilities:
The team designs innovative pressure sensors supporting projects from cradle to grave, working closely with all other functions, such as sourcing, advanced manufacturing and quality, as well as with our onsite production and production in China. The industrial team work with a broad spectrum of industries and segments such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas.
For further information see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwp3X5TGpfw
With a desire to attract the highest quality and capable Electronic Engineering candidates, BHGE M&C (Druck Ltd) is offering an attractive salary and benefits package for our business based in the North West of Leicestershire.
• Electronic design of pressure sensing components and assemblies to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
• Influence product design specifications, and ensure new designs are optimised for Manufacture and Test (DfM, DfT) including: safety, capacity, performance, yield and cost.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to other team members in both Leicester and Shanghai
• Design change initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
• Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
• High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
• Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
• Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
• Continually develop and advance internal operating proceduresQualifications/Requirements:
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
• Strong time management skills
• Experience with PCB design and circuit simulation tools.
• Experience of design and test for EMC
• Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485 and MODbus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
• Knowledge of basic Mechanical principles
• Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
• Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
• Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB design and fabrication
• Knowledge and experience of SAPLocations:
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more