Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is for an experienced PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) application developer needed in the PLM department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, code, test and debug existing and new programs to support the customization of the eMatrix/Enovia Specification and Engineering Central applications.
- Handle customization, extension, configuration and development request related activities.
- Assist customers by telephone and provide issue resolution in the administration and usage of Enovia Matrixone and enterprise PLM software.
- Develop High level and Low level design documents based on the functional specification and requirements in a concise manner.
- Review technical design documents, source code, test plans and related development aspects.
- Develop/Install software integrations between eMatrix/Enovia and existing database systems using Java servlets, adaplets, Web methods, XML and other related development tools.
- Develop Java Server Pages (JSPs), Java servlets, and Java applets to facilitate the eMatrixlEnovia web based interfaces.
- Develop Java Program Objects (JPOs) and Tcl/Tk scripts to implement triggers and cleanup up existing migrated database information.
- Develop and document test procedures and assist with unit, integration, and regression testing activities.
- Write and maintain documents to describe application development logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Support Global Implementation users primarily in North America and limited users in Europe.
- Collaborate virtually with remote team members in an effective manner and collocation with the help of VNC, WebEx, Teleconference and advanced planned 2 weeks/month travel.
- BS/MS Software Engineering (preferred) or ME, EE, IE with software programming skills, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five (5) years experience in with PLM applications and experience as an Enovia-PLM or Enovia Matrix One v10.8n6+ application developer/engineer with large-scale, enterprise (global) implementation responsibilities including one of the below modules:
- Engineering Central
- Designer Central
- Program Central
- CAD and ERP Integrations
- Library Central
- Experience with Enovia Matrixone PLM product. Core Product: eMatrix/Enovia Core/RMI, AEF, ADK, MQL, JPO,TCL.
- Experience in Linux, Microsoft and XP operating systems. Programming and scripting experience with any of the following: JDK, JSP,HTML, Java Script, Application Server knowledge: Tomcat ,Web logic.
- Extension/Customization of eMatriXJEnovia Central applications; experience with the 10.6,10.8 or V6 version of the eMatrix/Enovia Central applications and the associated development environment (MOL, ADK, AEF, Designer Central, etc.)
- Familiarity with a major CAD product helpful (Solidworks, ProEngineer, CATIA, ACAD).
- Experience with extracting, loading and synchronizing legacy data and data cleanup activities
- Development expertise in many or all of the following TCLITK, Wizard development, C, C++, eMatrix/Enovia MQL and related languages, Java, J2EE,HTML, and Ul3, Matrix10.
- Experience with V6 version of the software will be big advantage and plus.
- Knowledge of other PDM software/applications will be added advantage.
- A commitment to customer satisfaction, and a high level of independence, initiative and drive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.