Role Summary: #ZR
This position will be primarily responsible for tool grinding and will also help support the tool crib area. This is a Day shift position (Mon - Fri 6:30am to 2:30 pm). Hours may flex depending on workload. Overtime will be required as needed.Essential Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of CNC/NC Machines and CNC/NC Grinding Equipment.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes Problem Solving Skills
- Performs set-ups and operations of various types of tool and cutter grinders and other grinding machines to fabricate all types of tools and cutters.
- Sharpens or alters tools, milling cutters, etc. involving special contours, compound angles, external grinding and machine radii to required specifications.
- May be required to operate miscellaneous manual machines and perform basic preventative maintenance on machinery.
- May be responsible for training other team members and team activities.
- Assists with tool-crib duties such as servicing the employees at the window, help fix broken/worn tooling, pickup scan reorder kanban cards.
- Maintain inventory levels in the tool crib cabinets and fix inventory issues.
- Retrieve freight every day and send out re-grind tooling as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 year Apprenticeship Program or 4+ years equivalent work experience.
- Broad Spectrum of knowledge on tool-sharpening, special inserts and end mills.
- Experience doing inventory management using bar-code scanning
- Must have attention to detail and be able to read/interpret tools to blue prints.
- Self-Motivated and is always willing to learn new processes and tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word to track tooling requests, tool sharpening and repair orders sent out.
Broken Arrow, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more