Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Canrig Drilling Technology is looking for a Maintenance Technician with experience in electrical and mechanical machine maintenance. Under the direct supervision of the District Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on drilling rig equipment. All work done in compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Repair and maintain existing electrical / mechanical equipment on drilling rigs, shop and office locations.
• Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs of failure.
• Communicate and listen to operators, vendors and other maintenance personnel to ensure readiness of machines.
• Work from machine design drawings, schematics, and handbooks.
• • Provide emergency repairs, scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance of rig equipment.
• • Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of oilfield equipment.
• Clean and inspect equipment (electrical / mechanical), repair/replace broken parts.
• Perform preventative maintenance checks and inspections of assigned equipment, report finding to supervisor, and take appropriate action.
• Communicate with the management team and maintain equipment work records.
• Analyze and record equipment problems.
• Complete field service tickets, time entry, vehicle logs and expense reports in accordance with company policies.
• Operate and maintain a company vehicle in accordance to Nabors/Canrig policies.
• Work in a safe manner as defined by Nabors/Canrig policies and accepted industry practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• 3-5 years maintenance experience
• 1 -3 year oil and gas experience
• Strong electrical / mechanical aptitude
• Ability to use hand tools and trade type tools such as electrical meters
• Ability to analyze problems
• Valid Driver's License.
• Knowledge of operation and electrical repairs on VFD systems
• AC and DC motor/drive.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems and ability to rebuild using schematics.
• The ideal candidate will have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
• Time and project management are key, as is attention to detail.
• Strong electrical / mechanical technical knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of rig based electrical systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• This position requires extensive travel.
• Work a predetermined schedule, with possible overtime as operational needs dictate.
• Willing to work out of town.
• Able to live in a dry camp environment when working out of town.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs