Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: To define
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
Reporting to the KCA Deutag (KCAD) Maintenance Superintendent, the Project Engineer is responsible for preparing Equipment Reactivation Workpacks for the KCAD managed activities before and during the Reactivation Project and close out activities of workpacks following project execution.
- Within the KCAD Maintenance Department or Client office in Luanda, Angola with occasional offshore visits
- Directly responsible for all documentation relating to Drilling Reactivation activities
- Finalising scopes with the offshore team and developing workpacks
- Interface between OEM, Drilling team, and KCAD departments
- Ensure that QA and HSE directives are applied to the Drilling Reactivation
- Ensuring all Vendor Commissioning Procedures are completed and signed off
- Participate in commissioning and Integrated Acceptance Testing of rig start up
- Ensuring all Equipment Start-Up Check Sheets and Handover Documents are completed and signed off.
Key Skills & Experience
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company Compliance with World Wide Standards Management System Procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the Detailed Integrated reactivation work packs, covering all KCAD managed activities, to the platform management (both crews, where practicable) during the pre-reactivation preparatory phase.
- Knowledge of and compliance with industry and international specifications and standards.
- Liaise with Rig Managers, Onshore / Offshore Maintenance Teams, Client Project Engineers to ensure that Operations, Maintenance and Engineering are aware of all the reactivation work scope activities to be carried out during the reactivation period.
- To review all vendor Workpacks to ensure the scope of work is correct and all pre/commissioning paperwork is in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Permitry requirements have been considered and catered for within workpacks.
- Responsible for ensuring all required lifting plans have been reviewed and in Workpack.
- Responsible for ensuring required GRA'S (Generic Risk Assessment) are prepared for the required work scope and placed in Workpack.
- Responsible to check material requirements for offshore work scope are placed in Workpack.
- Responsible for ensuring all required drawing i.e., P&ID's, Hydraulic schematic, E&I interconnecting drawing, general arrangements etc. are in the Workpack.
- Responsible for ensuring the vendor commissioning procedure are in the Workpack and completed and signed off on work scope completion before Vendor demobilises from the platform.
- Responsible for compiling all certification requirements within the Workpack and ensuring all documentation is completed offshore and signed before vendor de-mobs from the platform.
- Responsible for ensuring all vendor handover documents are completed/signed off by all appropriate parties to allow equipment to be accepted by client.
- Responsible for creating of punch lists of outstanding points and ensuring a plan of action is agreed to close out in the required timeframe.
- Responsible to ensure any PM's (Preventative Maintenance) are incorporated within reactivation period and Workpack.
- To be offshore to compile all required certification and check sheets during reactivation activities.
- On completion of Reactivation all documentation to be downloaded onto KCAD Project site and delivered to Client for input onto CMMS.
- Workpacks to be updated to As-Built.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities (if this is relevant)
- Recognised Engineering qualification / Trade qualification papers
- Recognised industry apprenticeship
- Offshore Survival certificate
- OGUK Medical