Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Geophysicist - KL, Malaysia
Location : KL, Malaysia
Start Date: ASAP
Typical Working Hours: 45 hours a week
Travel Requirement: No
Package : Competitive salary + benefits
Contract Length: Full Time
My Client is an IOC with operations in Malaysia and across South East Asia
They are currently searching for a Senior Geophysicist, reporting to the Subsurface manager assisting with a variety of technical petroleum geology functions, working both independently and liaising with remote based clients.
• To evaluate, review, and interpret geophysical, geological and engineering data in order to define the configuration of oil and gas fields, thus contributing to the effective management of the company's hydrocarbon reserves and production.
• Key member of a geotechnical team comprising geologists, geophysicists and engineers charged with optimizing oil and gas field developments in many differing geological settings.
• Evaluate potential new venture opportunities as required, attend data reviews; provide reports, analyses and advice to management.
• Interpretation and depth conversion for Petrel 3D model construction, including QC of existing depth surfaces when applicable.
• Seismic attribute analysis for reservoir property mapping.
• Provide team with drilling locations and design wellbore trajectories to exploit reserves and avoid drilling hazards.
• Present and defend interpretations during peer assists, peer reviews, external reserve audits, TCM and management presentations. Prepare all required documentation.
• Prepare new and updated Field Development Plan (FDP) documentation for approval by host government and co-ventures.
• Assist in well operations, particularly well design, prognosis generation and with geo-steering of development wells.
• Represent the client at technical meetings with co-ventures and host government regulators.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to junior staff.
The Candidate Requirements
• Degree education in Geophysics or other related discipline
• Development Geophysics experience in the upstream oil and gas sector ideally with an operator.
• Possess solid understanding of geology.
• Extensive seismic interpretation experience in both stratigraphic and structural settings.
• Strong competency in seismic attribute mapping, experience with AVO techniques and quantitative seismic analysis.
• Must possess extensive experience integrating geological, geophysical and reservoir engineering data into geotechnical evaluations and reservoir models.
• Experience in technical evaluations for business development new venture opportunities.
• Either direct seismic processing experience or experience managing processing projects.
• Experience in the use of Petrel is highly advantageous. Experience in Hampson-Russell/RokDoc would be advantageous.
• Extensive experience in designing and delivering deviated and horizontal wells is advantageous
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!