Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The role is for the Oil Field Equipment, Surface Pressure Control Engineering team based out of JFWTC.
The Design Engineer is responsible for undertaking mechanical engineering activities related to SPC products and technology.
Essential Responsibilities:- Design Engineer is responsible for undertaking mechanical engineering activities based on customer requirements and developing them into design, detailed models/ drawings, design verification packages, design specifications, reviewing the design and then converting them into manufacturing specifications and operating specifications.
- Executing Engineering Activities per agreed schedule and timelines
- Exceeding expectations on Engineering Quality
- Work seamlessly with other design engineers and vendors on workscope assigned.
- Complying with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring health safety and environmental risk control are paramount.Qualifications/Requirements:· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from reputed college /university
- 3-5 Years of Overall Design Engineering expertise
- Working in O&G / Power /Infrastructure /Automotive businesses of similar scale and complexity.
Desired Characteristics:- Experience working with Pro-E /Teamcenter environement
- Strong CAD modeling skills
- Creation, Review and Release of Detailed Engineering Drawings including Raw, Semi and Machining /Fabrication
- Awareness /Expertise on ASME Y 14.5 GDNT and Drafting standards
- Ability to work as part of a flexible team,
- Confidence to present to leaders and peers.
- Execute with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new things every day.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more