Skills: Engineering Manager, Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Full - Time Regular
An opening exists for a Service Delivery Engineer in Shenzhen, China. The position will support the Completions and Wellbore Intervention product lines of the Oilfield Services division.
- Monitor the product line's processes, systems, behaviours and practices that impact on customer satisfaction, job objectives and service delivery performance.
- Advise the Service Delivery Manager and Product Line Manager regarding local performance against agreed performance indicators. Focus areas include field service, workshop preparation, and office planning with attention paid to other processes such as front-end engineering and manufacturing as needs dictate.
- Maintain awareness of the contractual requirements of all contracts in the tendering, award and operations phases. Monitor all relevant records and processes to assure conformity to requirements during the preparation of product, the design of field service procedures, the planning of field service operations and the readiness of field service personnel.
- Provide technical reliability advice to operations and workshop staff.
- Ensure effective after-action review of field operations and in particular the accurate and timely identification of root causes for all service and process incidents. Report back to customers regarding the findings of these investigations.
- Liaise with other Managers/Engineers (Maintenance, Asset & Inventory, Operations, Technical, Manufacturing, Engineering) throughout the organisation to ensure that corrective actions are implemented to improve performance.
- Formal qualification in an Engineering discipline (preferred petroleum/geoscience or electro/mechanical disciplines) with Bachelor's or Master's degree. Substantial demonstrated technical expertise in oilfield downhole tools or applications may be accepted in lieu.
- 3 or more years experience in Application Engineering, Technical Support, Field Operations, Maintenance or Reliability Engineering function
- Technical expertise with the tools and customer applications of one or more product lines such as liner hangers, well completions, conventional fishing, casing exits, thru-tubing.
- Strong business acumen to represent BHGE to customers.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Good interpersonal skill, verbal & written communication and presentation skills (upward, downward, internal and external parties). Proficiency in written and spoken English is vital, in addition to fluent written and spoken communication skills in the national language of the country in which the position is based.
- Advanced capability in Microsoft Excel.
Proficiency in SAP Enterprise Asset Management.
Experience and proficiency in ISO9001 and / or API Spec. Q1/Q2 Quality Management System.