Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Lead Product Development Engineer is responsible for the execution of the technology strategic plan for either product design improvements or new product initiatives (NPI) employing conventional design techniques. In addition, this role has a specific requirement related to development of inspection technologies for flexible pipes so understanding and experience with existing flexible pipe/pieline inspection technologies is critical. Essential Responsibilities:
In addition to the day to day responsibilities related to product development and engineering work programs, the successful candidate will also:-
- Ensure that Product Development, Quality, HSE and Engineering processes are followed for all aspects of the NPI program iaw with BHGE, Industry and (where applicable) client standards.
- Support the completion of all technical deliverables within a given NPI program. This includes ensuring that the production, checking and, where required, approval of all deliverables is iaw schedule requirements.
- Required to provide engineering expertise within a technology development program.
- Assessing commercial and contractual aspects/risk for outsourced activities, ensuring completion of all applicable design reviews in relation to specific program schedules and agreed toll gates and in leading idea generation activities to support identification of development and NTI opportunities.
- Required to develop, define and, where applicable, check detailed work package planning and resource schedules to feed in to high level product development program plan.
- Support the timely release of Product Development information for incorporation into design guidelines and/or design tools by the responsible engineers.
- Lead technical discussions, clarifications and qualifications with 3rd party IVA and, where applicable, act as the technical POC.
- Any other duties as identified by Product Development & Validation Leader
- A university degree in an Engineering related subject; Master's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 4 years' experience at an Engineer level functioning with an increased level of specialization, practice and responsibility plus development of others and demonstrating leadership responsibilities.
- Experience of flexible pipe & pipeline inspection technologies and principals.
- Engineer/scientist working towards chartered status with a recognized institution.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Ability to work to a schedule and conduct work, which may involve conflicting project requirements.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to directly inform and instruct Engineers, Technicians and other employees of specific engineering and HSE requirements.
- Have credibility and be well networked for influence ... able to open doors.
- Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written).
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion.