Skills: Crane Operator, Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone Central, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Cranes, Scaffold and Rigging Adviser (CSR) assists the Maintenance team to deliver safe, quality and efficient maintenance across the LNG facility.
Reporting to the Maintenance Services Superintendent, your role will include:
- Purpose is to ensure Permit to work process is followed for all CSR, Painting & Insulation work orders.
- Provide Lifting and Hoisting SME governance for all Preventative & Corrective Maintenance tasks where Non-routine Complex Lift plans are required.
- Acting Maintenance Services Superintendent in times of absence
- Accountable to support onsite Scheduler to ensure CSR & Painting / Insulation maintenance activities are correctly aligned to Operating windows and coordinated with other maintenance disciplines
- Accountable for reviewing CSR & Painting / Insulation activities in advance for the scheduled weeks
- Assist in development of Job plans and labour requirements for PM tasks
- Maintain maintenance records through effective documentation utilising our Computerised Maintenance Management System (Maximo)
- Ensure work-pack preparation is detailed and complete for all PM & CM works.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Mechanical Trade background with substantial post trade experience or;
- Minimum RA or C1 high-risk work license qualifications with experience in large industrial environments//
- Experience as a subject matter expert with Lifting and Hoisting
- Ability to gain Shell accredited Lifting and Hoisting SME title within 12 months
- Excellent understanding of HSSE principals and ability to always provide safety leadership
- Understanding of Permit to Work systems, preference is Evision 8
- Proficient in the use of a maintenance management system and MS Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills & a positive and proactive attitude.
To be able to carry out this role effectively you must be able to work as part of a team to develop ideas and solutions to both simple and complex problems. Working to high safety and quality standards is essential to our success, while ensuring that Personal Safety and Asset Integrity is maintained on our journey to GOAL ZERO. Shell - Goal Zero Our Approach
This role is based on Curtis Island with a daily ferry commute of 20-30 minutes average and working a 9 day fortnight.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video