Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are seeking a skilled & experienced Strategic Sourcing/Category Management professional for Chemicals & Mineral Category (India Suppliers Region).
• Lead supplier selection process and negotiate global contracts for various Chemicals and Minerals for drilling and production application.
• Maintains thorough industry and category knowledge for a vast set of Chemicals (Petrochemicals, Minerals, Specialty Chemicals etc.).
• Partner with global business stakeholders and category colleagues such as technology, Operations, Quality etc. to influence contract negotiations, drive process changes, and implement sustainable cost controls.
• Partner with Global Procurement Buyers to support India Suppliers Buy, quality and Delivery.
• Proactively monitors risks, own escalations, mitigation and initiatives necessary for corrective actions.
• Monitor supplier performance and communicate issues back to commodity team for resolution.
• Engage with the broader Sourcing organization for the business or region and participate in business or region wide strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Prepare, present, and influence senior leaders on current and future sourcing imperatives.
• Utilize digital tools such as SAP, Tableau, etc. to track and communicate spend and savings trends.
• Be familiar with Market Research tools such as IHS, ICIS, Platts etc.
• Be familiar with entire Procure-to-Pay process for process/operations Industry with core expertise in Strategic Sourcing.
• Perform/Support core category management activities and drive value projects.
• Minimum 5+ years of solid experience in Chemicals & Minerals Sourcing for Oil and Gas Industry.
• Minimum of Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
• Broad commodity and sourcing knowledge for Chemicals & Minerals Category.
• Hands on experience on Market Research or Strategic Sourcing Tools
• Proven negotiation skills
• Effective time management and organization skills
• Effective facilitation, presentation, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Masters of business administration (MBA) preferred.
• Ability to work across time zones including connections with regions and sites.
• Ability to influence across a complex matrixed organization
• Ability to Influence/communicate at all levels; establish good relationships, drive change across functional and global boundaries
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more