The Special Programs Analyst will be a member of the International Trade Compliance (ITC) team supporting the implementation of the BHGE ITC Playbook and will report directly to the ITC-Special Programs Leader. Primary responsibility will be to review and qualify parts for applicable Free Trade Agreements (FTA). This position will also be assist in the identification and exploration of other duty saving programs available in each region. This will be done while adhering to the BHGE ITC Playbook. Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of the reporting system for the FTA duty savings as well as other regimes we identify.
- Assist with use of special programs to ensure optimal use of and compliance to program requirements.
- In coordination with logistics teams, research, document, interpret and disseminate program requirements and regulations to the business, including the monitoring and updating of any regulatory changes.
- Research and vet additional opportunities for duty savings.
- Assist in the development of a monitoring program to assess risk and conduct reviews to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the creation of and maintenance of the compliance documentation for each program utilized.
- 4-year College degree or equivalent work experience in international trade, international business, logistics or other related fields from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in logistics and/or trade compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment
- Demonstrated compliance mindset
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign languages a plus
Houston, TX (option to work remote if outside of Houston, TX)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more