- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and document all activities on pumps, compressors, blowers, fans and other mechanical equipment
- Field maintenance tasks including equipment troubleshooting, installation/removal, repair, and laser alignment
- Perform complete overhauls on single stage overhung process pumps and ensure proper documentation of the repair
- Complete overhauls consisting of the following tasks:
- Parts procurement
- In-house parts fabrication using machine tools
- Computer balancing
- Leak testing
- Install, align, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair the following types of pumps:
- Vertical well pumps
- In-line pumps
- Single and multi-stage barrel pumps
- Single and multi-stage horizontally split pumps
- Twin lead screw pumps
- Gear pumps
- Sundyne pumps
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of air-intake blowers, fan variable pitch assemblies and air cooler fans
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors
- Perform pump and turbine repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Perform machine tool work using lathes, mills, keyseaters, saws, etc.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors
- Check and adjust speed control governors on turbines and compressors
- Replace and install gear boxes
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Diagnose and apply results using micrometer
- Diagnose and apply results using alignment tools for power-driven connections (i.e., Rotalign Pro alignment computer)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must be at least 18 years' old
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without
- Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or
- without accommodation
- Must be able to work while wearing a respirator or SCBA
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a shift work schedule up to 8 consecutive days and 12 consecutive hours
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet callout standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to
- and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Must have 3 years' relevant work experience and/or applicable Associates degree
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.