- Fabricate piping systems
- Read and interpret isometric drawings and blueprints
- Repair existing piping systems and adhere to specifications, codes, plant practices in construction or repair
- Perform maintenance on heat exchangers, to include tube rolling and plugging
- Perform maintenance on furnaces, tanks, reactors, drums, etc.
- Perform hydro testing
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Run drill press, torqueing equipment, and measuring tools
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose root cause of equipment problems, develop permanent solutions to problems
- Ability to follow written procedures and document observations/findings
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must be at least 18 years' old
- Must possess the minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without
- Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or
- without accommodation
- Must be able to work while wearing a respirator or SCBA
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a shift work schedule up to 8 consecutive days and 12 consecutive hours
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet callout standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Must have 3 years' relevant work experience and/or applicable Associate's degree
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.