Skills: Project Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
The primary objective of the Program Controller is to assist Project Manager(s) by extracting, analyzing, assembling, formatting, charting/graphing, and summarizing project control information from various sources to help ensure the project is delivered on schedule and within budget. This person will also assist in Earned Value Management. The Program Controller will report to the Project Controls Manager and will provide support to Project and Program Managers as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter, maintain, extract and critically analyze data to identify trends, abnormalities, and action items.
- Create, update, maintain and analyze schedules in Primavera P6.
- Perform schedule analysis and provide pertinent information to project teams.
- Perform Milestone and Key Event analysis.
- Create timelines and/or various tracking documents in Primavera, MS Project, or MS Excel as needed.
- Assist project teams with preparing and maintaining various project documents and metrics.
- Assist project teams with preparing cost estimates.
- Attend project meetings.
- Assist with CDRL's and various contract deliverables and requirements. This will involve assembling and analyzing schedule, quality and other data to assess readiness to meet the requirements.
- Provide input to executive project/program review presentations (MS PowerPoint).
- Maintain the project Lessons-Learned Binder and Database (or similar), tracking and coordinating completion of open items.
- Create, maintain, and/or review/approve custom and/or standardized project/program reports for distribution to the Program Manager and/or Project Managers, including Customer deliverables.
- Participate in the earned value management analyses of assigned projects, including resource analysis.
- Administer the project's risk management process and database.
- Work with the Project Managers, Zone Managers, and Production Supervisors to obtain updates to support contract requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in a related business or technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Basic understanding of project management principles and experience applying them to a project.
- General knowledge of project management procedures
- Full working level competence in MS Office Suite software. Proficient in the use of basic and some advanced features of project management scheduling software (e.g. Primavera (P6) and/or MS Project). Demonstrated competence in the use of tools used for planning and control duties.
- Detail oriented with good analytical capabilities. Experience gathering and reconciling cost and schedule data, identifying trends and anomalies, and recommending required actions.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to organize and present ideas in a logical manner. Some experience writing reports, preparing procedures, and delivering oral presentations.
- General understanding of the structure, functions and outputs of departments responsible for engineering, procurement, manufacturing, scheduling, quality assurance, commissioning, and operations. Is generally familiar with the tools, methods, authorizations and resources commonly required to complete these types of work. With support from project and task leaders, is willing and able to lead interactions with these performing groups at the locations where work is being performed.
- Reliable team player, with good time-management, problem-solving and organizational skills. Has a good attendance record, an ability to plan effectively and a good track record for meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter and willing to learn new skills, share experiences and take on roles of increasing responsibility. Is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that will, at times, require working extended hours.
- PMP certification, or assignments completed toward earning a PMP certification.
- Demonstrated knowlege, and experience using Tableau software.
- Demonstrated knowledge, and experience using Advanced Industrial Management (AIM), and Project Sequencing and Scheduling (PSS) systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.