Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Coca, Orellana Province, Ecuador
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the drilling crew.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Always leads by visible example, minimizing delegation of authority when handling key operations
- 100% compliance with features of Company QHSE Plan
- Communicate safe working practices on the drill floor at all times.
- Fill up and record the daily QHSE inspection reports
- Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
- Keep drill floor and tools clean and organized.
- Maintain all equipment in good and safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of well control procedures and follow well control procedures as outlined in the well control manual.
- Demonstrate knowledge of blowout preventer equipment and procedures including assisting in the testing of equipment.
- Recognize basic warning signs of kick and act accordingly as a first barrier of Well control prevention.
- Perform preventive and planned maintenance on drilling equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance of the derrick and associated equipment
- Oversee the operation and service of the drilling fluid system equipment
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records.
- Assist in repair of drilling equipment.
- Direct and assist in other operations required to conduct drilling operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Rig Manager or Tour Pusher.
- Perform all technical calculations, required to carry out drilling operations.
- Interpret and respond to down hole conditions.
- Locate information and data required to conduct operations.
- Read and interpret the various types of gauges, meters and instruments.
- Plan the work for the drill crew.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the crew.
- Advise supervisor of all current or changing conditions.
- Advise supervisor of any requests and instructions from the operator.
- Co-ordinate activities and operations with other department.
- Train and evaluate the drilling crew. Act as a mentor.
- Set crew members yearly objectives and follow up progress via quarterly reviews
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
- At least 3 years' experience in Rig Operations onshore and / or offshore.
- Derrickhand experience for at least 1 year.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Candidates must be able to work in Ecuador.
- Eligible candidate must be able to work in Ecuador without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.