Targa has an immediate opening for an ES&H Supervisor located at the Little Missouri Gas Plant near Watford City, North Dakota. The position supports the Badlands Area business including the gas plants, terminals and the associated gathering systems. This position will assist operations in achieving Targaâ€™s goals with respect to environmental and safety compliance in our operations. A proven ability to solve problems, learn new material, adapt to change and be an effective communicator are key traits to success in this position.
The employee will report to the Regional ES&H Manager and will lead the local ES&H staff and collaborate with the Operations staff to achieve regulatory compliance and operations goals. All the field ES&H positions in Targa receive support and guidance from the Corporate ES&H staff. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Management and development of Safety and ES&H Specialists and/or other ES&H Personnel.
- Ensures compliance with applicable OSHA, PHMSA, EPA, TCEQ, Federal, State, and Local Requirements.
- Ensures that new or modified legal and regulatory initiatives are identified and implemented.
- Ensures incidents are investigated and work orders and action items are completed.
- Ensures new programs which meet changing legal and regulatory requirements are developed and implemented.
- Assures the Business Units are sufficiently trained and supported regarding compliance needs and programs.
- Ensures compliance with existing programs through reporting and audits.
- Ensures necessary and proper permits are acquired.
- Participate in all Root Cause or similar Investigations.
- Assures that a good working relationship is maintained with Regulatory Agencies.
- Participates in the development and execution of strategic environmental health and safety programs and objective-setting for the organization.
- Communicates regularly with key stakeholders on the status of facility compliance issues and helps drive solutions to those issues.
- Participate in company advocacy efforts.
- A college degree, and/or 5 years of directly related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and leading formal safety programs.
- The physical ability to be in the plant to perform inspections and audits.
- Proficient in various computer applications including MS Office, MS Outlook, and Internet access.
- The ability to successfully pass any HAZWOPER training required for this position including use of SCBA.
- Effective communication skills to work closely with regulators, inspectors, and all levels of personnel within Targa.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Physical ability to access and work throughout all plant operations and accompany regulators on facility tours.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel away overnight periodically, as needed, for training or company events.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Preferred consideration will be given for CSP, ASP, CIH or other degreed professional certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry, can include consulting where it included extended onsite assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the Targa facilities.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) experience.
- OSHA PSM general knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates ability to get people to work together.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.