A Sr. Technical Staff Project Manager is responsible for delivery of analytic solutions that help improve the data maturity and outcomes of our business operations and effectiveness. They work hand in hand with their technical team to develop the backend data assets needed to create insights derived in tools like Tableau, Bobj, OBIEE and data portals.Essential Responsibilities:
The Sr. Technical Staff Project Manager is the product owner for different data subject areas and dashboards, and drives the backlog and feature set needed to get to project delivery. They are champions of the development processes and act as the voice of the program to key business stakeholders. They are also the key point of contact for the development team that helps to drive acceptance criteria, velocity and standards for the code development.
In the role of Sr. Technical Staff Project Manager, you will:
- Own, document and prioritize a backlog along with roadmaps to successfully deliver on project timelines.
- Interact with business stakeholders to help define scope for project requests and program delivery
- Proactively identify, manage, and communicate risks
- Create a standard of working for their team to execute using ITIL best practices and sound development practices.
- Monitor progress and update key stakeholders with status of program(s)
- Understand data delivery fundamentals for ETL, tableau development and creating BI tools.
- Create and follow process to begin new ideations thru project request and delivery.
- Engage frequently with development teams, Technical Product Managers and Scrum Masters, to identify key impediments or risk areas for teams
- Key influencer of decision making and problem solving across cross functional and development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an Agile development environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a leadership role on an agile scrum team such as Project Manager, Scrum Master, Team lead, Technical Lead, or Technical Product Manager
Additional Eligibility Requirement:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Strong knowledge of ETL and Visualization best practices
- Previous experience in a data warehousing or data analytics team
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of SQL development preferred
- Has done light development in a BI tool such as Tableau preferred
- Background in Supply Chain or Manufacturing preferred
- Has implemented sound testing and devops procedures
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple work streams effectively and provide timely updates
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, agile practices like Kanban, Scrum and SAFe
- Experience working with global teams
- PMP and financial tracking of projects experience preferred.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more