Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a major international engineering company that delivers high quality, technically advanced, reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world class safety record. We provide for world-renowned clients in the upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and power industries. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing international presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Head of Quality, Project Quality Assurance by:
- Acting as Project Quality Manager and implementing the Requirements of the Quality Management System on assigned Projects
- Assisting with the management and development of assigned Quality Engineers
- Providing advice and guidance on the application of the Quality Management System on projects to both assigned Quality Engineers and Project Management
- Assisting with the roll out and implementation of Continual Improvement initiatives
- For this role we will pay the current market rate for the right person.
- Responsible for implementation of Quality Management System requirements as directed by the Manager, Project Quality Assurance and ensuring the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 are implemented across Home Office Engineering activities in FEED, EPC and PMC projects
- Act as mentor to Quality Engineers in conjunction with the Manager, Project Quality Assurance, including assessment of capabilities and identification of areas for development and training
- Provide advice and guidance to Project Management personnel on the application of the Quality Management System in relation to Project Execution activities
- Review QA requirements during preparation of proposals, as directed by the Manager, Project Quality Assurance, to assess resourcing/manpower budgets and scheduling of QA activities
- Fulfil the role of Project QA Manager when so assigned
- Preparation, implementation and maintenance of project quality plans, ensuring that all contractual quality requirements are effectively communicated and met
- Reviewing of project specific procedures and documents to verify that they comply with the contractual requirements. Monitoring of the application of these procedures to verify compliance with the contract
- Preparing a program of QA audits, focusing on the effective application of the quality management system and compliance to the project quality plan
- Reviewing all audit reports to verify that the quality management systems are implemented and are compliant with the Contract
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant industrial experience required
- Good recent experience in a similar position
- Experience in PMC/EPC organizations in the field of Refinery/Petrochemicals
- In-depth knowledge of working to the requirements of ISO 9001
- Working knowledge of standards such as ISO18001, ISO14001 and ISO29001 is desirable
- Demonstrable qualification for planning, conducting and reporting internal audits from a recognised external body is preferable
- Good team player
- Good communicator with excellent influencing, verbal and written skills
- Self-motivated and prepared to take the initiative
- Good project management skills and good commercial awareness
- Competent in all Microsoft office applications
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.