Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
The Lead Electrical Technician, working as part of a multi-disciplined team, is responsible for coordinating, executing and supervision of the Electrical maintenance activities in the offshore team.
- Responsible Electrical Person for asset.
- Accountable for the all electrical planned maintenance, fault finding, condition based maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment. Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and services electrical distributing systems, motors, generators, rheostats, control panels, switchgear, voltage regulators, rectifiers, electronic equipment, transformers, meters and automation equipment and controls in liaison with other departments to ensure continuity of safe operations.
- Required to supervise Electrical Technicians, assist and mentor Technicians to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Responsibility as offshore 'Performance Standard Owners' for ensuring that safety critical maintenance are completed by the due date, have the correct level of maintenance history recorded and have a follow-on corrective work order with the appropriate remedial action assigned.
- Review/maintains accurate and current records
- Ensures the required supply of spare parts is available, prepares and requisitions items required.
- Ensure that personnel under their supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate FPSO resources as required to achieve team objectives as directed by MITL/Management team.
- Manage competence, identify gaps, coach and train technicians and recommend training for team members
- Provide effective support to workforce, vendors, third parties and apprentices in process safety and safety behaviours
- Ensure that technicians understand the operating processes and procedures and their roles and responsibilities
- Fully support the Company competence scheme and complete identified training applicable to the position.
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Maintain effective communication, working relations, identify and minimise interpersonal conflict with all work colleagues offshore
- Liaise with onshore personnel as required and ensure lines of communication are open and honest at all times
- Maintain an effective handover process with back to back to mitigate risk associated with ongoing activities using "Shift-Vision"
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (post 2009 apprenticeship)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance or equivalent
- COMPEX (Hazardous Areas)
- Bosiet/Mist/medical (offshore only)
- Site safety passport (onshore only)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.