Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: Static Equipment
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Static Equipment Engineer (contract) to be based in our Reading office on a large FEED for a Middle Eastern Petrochemicals Project. The role will be on a temporary (agency) basis.
- Preparation of data sheets for pressure vessels (including reactors, columns and drums) storage tanks and heat exchangers
- Preparation of enquiry requisitions for Long Lead Items
- Review and evaluation of equipment suppliers' bids for Long Lead Items and preparation of bid evaluation reports
- Preparation of budget enquiries to support estimate
- Provision of support and advice on static equipment matters
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience, primarily in a contracting environment, working with pressure vessels, storage tanks and heat exchangers on FEED and EPC projects for the oil and gas, refinery and petrochemical industries
- Mechanical design of pressure vessels using PV Elite (or other commercially available software package)
- Experience of thermal design using HTRI would be an advantage
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the following codes : ASME VIII Division 1 and 2, API 620, 650, 660, 661, 662, TEMA
- Computer literate within Microsoft Office
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.