Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The Eagle Ford Operations Support Team Superintendent is based in Kenedy, TX and reports to the Production Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the following four teams with their primary responsibilities described here:
- Measurement: Ensures compliance with all Marathon, Federal, and State regulatory agency regulations as they pertain to the accurate measurement of our product and administration of production data into our accounting systems.
- Production Data Management: Ensures accuracy in production reports and royalty payments. The team has responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining the overall Production Data Management process, including new well & facility set-up processes. The team leader is our account manager for the SPL relationship and serves a critical function as liaison to Engineering on projects requiring revisions to the allocation calculations, Production Revenue Accounting regarding Purchaser Statements and internal production data statements, Marketing personnel regarding operational issues and Marathon Legal for hold orders associated with production data.
- FlowCal (based in Houston): Ensures management and reporting of meter accuracy and efficiency with the utilization of the Flow-Cal application. Provides guidance on measurement issues concerning pipeline customers, allocation, accounting, and other third parties. Oversees data tracking and analysis of measurement data such as equipment, meter characteristics, gas and liquid quality, etc. Ensure all daily and monthly volumes edits are uploading into Marathon's accounting database. Responsible for all measurement electronic flow computer configuration standards.
- Communications (outsourced to Twin Eagle): Ensures Marathon's proprietary Communications equipment and systems are operating efficiently.
- Lead, supervise, set goals and standards while coaching employees and contractors engaged in OST team activities.
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation, and attention to the safety of all personnel, the environment, and company assets.
- Maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including contract companies, regulatory agencies, and members of the public.
- Make recommendations to enhance the overall safety, reliability and effectiveness of measurement systems in accordance with MPSSP, AGA, API, and GPA standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain measurement programs and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Flow-Cal database, TESTit, PROVEit, Procount, Spotfire, SCADA, and other field measurement software, including experience in the operation of these systems for measurement applications.
- Ensure processes and standards are followed for the proper installation, commissioning, and programming of all meters prior to start-up and ensure the integrity of the PSSR process.
- Manage the outsourced Communications team activities to ensure that Communications equipment is functioning properly and Marathon standards are met and maintained.
- Participate in the monthly investigation of LAUF (lost and unaccounted for) variances on physical pipeline balances and work with the appropriate teams to resolve variances.
- HS diploma or GED required; college Degree and/or relevant experience preferred.
- 10 - 15 years' relevant experience required. Supervisory experience in oil & gas production operations, measurement, data management and field optimization preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, eVIN, ProCount, FlowCal, TestIt, ProveIt, SAP, Wonderware and Spotfire
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning and organizing skills. Must possess knowledge of API and AGA standards, knowledge of gas and liquid measurement with an in depth history of investigating and resolving balance variances from the field to third party sales.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Kenedy || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 30128 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.