Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Milford Haven, Wales, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Coordinate and prioritize the work for a team of Chemists and Laboratory Technicians and perform more complex and advanced laboratory tests of mineral oil and petrochemical fluids. Determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by client or specification. Responsible for reliability, quality and development of all laboratory analysis performed at location. May take responsibility for performing all laboratory operations (including human, technical and financial resources) for a small to medium size location.
- Able to thoroughly understand and apply analysis and technical standards according ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), UOP (Universal Oil Products), IP (Energy Institute), GOST and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory
- Set-up, adjust, maintain and operate all laboratory equipment, quality systems and safety programs and train laboratory staff in the correct testing, quality and safety practices in accordance with local standards, company policies and sound laboratory practice
- Supervise a team of Chemists and Laboratory Technicians and assist Manager Laboratory with training/development needs and performance reviews of Chemists and Laboratory Technicians (for certain smaller to medium size locations the Supervisor Laboratory may be tasked with training/development needs and performance reviews of Chemists and Laboratory Technicians)
- Ensure proper prioritization of Laboratory work in order to meet client deadlines
- Responsible for reliability, quality and development of all laboratory analysis performed at location
- Supervise and perform specialized laboratory analysis to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated by client or specification
- Supervise and monitor the calibration of laboratory instruments and verify that all Chemists and Laboratory Technicians are trained and qualified to calibrate designated instruments and maintain proper calibration records
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Chemistry
- Minimum 7 years of Chemistry/Laboratory experience
- Highly experienced in mineral oil and petrochemical analysis
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language and English
- Ability to perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations
- Advanced computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, company systems)
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.