Skills: Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD)
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Press, assemble and pack shaped charges using provided components according to written work instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine correct components to be used during the pressing process against written work instructions and engineering data sheets.
- Transfer cases from pallet to dolly and charges from press area to the test area.
- Transfer explosive powder bins from refill area to work area.
- Operate press lever and slide dies on press table.
- Conduct visual in-process inspection on manufactured components.
- Utilize tools to cut bands on pallets and scoop mixing powders.
- Load components with explosive powders.
- Weigh explosive load to be pressed and placed into components.
- Complete necessary production and quality control paperwork at the end of each shift.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Assemble components according to written instructions.
- Conduct visual process inspection on components being assembled.
- Report problems to shift supervisor.
- Pack completed products according to work instructions.
- Willingness and ability to follow instructions.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Work on a team.
- Transport, stack and paint liners.
- Wear 100% cotton clothing (detonators only)
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move, with help, up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move, with help, up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment including:
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection
- Powdered latex gloves
- Respirator (must pass respirator test) and/or dust mask
- Steel toe shoes
- Ability to perform intricate hand assembly.
- Able to perform all tasks as listed on the Concentra Essential Job Function evaluation for Production Assembly Workers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and explosive materials. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. Hearing protection is required.
- In reference to Process Safety Management process analysis, this job has a risk event code of 5.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.