Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Serve as an Inspector Trainee by learning Saybolt, API, ASTM and customer guidelines and procedures. The trainee will also learn and adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for entry-level measurement and sampling activities
- Responsible for personal safety
- Maintain written records (tally books) of activities per company guidelines
- Responsible for learning and completing entry-level field reports
- Provide scheduler, assistant manager, and/or manager with timely information concerning onsite problems
- Responsible for completing job assignments in accordance with Saybolt and customer guidelines and instructions
- Ability to work simple transfer by the end of company's probation period (i.e. barges, tank to tank transfers, sampling, etc.)
- Gain knowledge of basic laboratory procedures through cross training in laboratory
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent (general education degree).
- No prior training required.
- One year work experience with a service oriented organization preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit professional appearance and customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate and work productively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate written and verbally in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Inspectors must have a vehicle in good, safe operating condition that can be used on the job for both personal and sample transportation in all ambient weather conditions. Vehicles used for sample transportation must be able to accommodate the secondary sample containers issued for sample transportation.
- Inspectors are required to maintain the proper levels of automobile liability insurance and meet all state requirements on vehicles used for Saybolt assignments.
- Inspectors must also maintain a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Local travel and occasional out-of-town assignments are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.