Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Vlaardingen, South Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Reporting to the Global Human Resources Generalist Manager, the Human Resources Generalist Netherlands will be responsible for providing proactive consultation and services focused on organizational development, recruitment & retention, performance management, leadership development and training, succession planning and talent management, compensation, administration and employee relations within The Netherlands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the implementation of HR Strategic initiatives and deliverables in partnership with the HR Generalist Manager
- Works closely and in a proactive way with leaders and managers in the business to ensure alignment of business and plans and activities.
- Participates with annual HR activities to ensure organizational readiness and completion. Some activities include Performance Management, Succession Planning, and Employee Development.
- Responsible for partnering with the Global HR Generalist Manager and Functional Support Specialists (OD, Compensation) to timely and effectively deliver human resources consultative services to ensure customer objectives & expectations are met.
- Partners with the Global HR Generalist Manager and the business to assess organizational needs, develops with the OD specialist training programs, and provides facilitation and training to the workforce in order to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates leadership and provides coaching to Senior Leaders.
- Responsible for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of employee relations issues, calling on appropriate resources to resolve issues.
- Coaches managers on managing for performance, as well as on the formal performance management process.
- Supports customers in the development and maintenance of job descriptions. Assists the Compensation Analyst with job analyses and evaluation and compensation market analyses of new or restructured positions.
- Gathers, completes, analyzes and presents various Human Resources statistics as needed for example, turnover statistics, performance management/merit increase comparisons and department culture surveys.
- Collects and analyzes HR organizational data and makes recommendations to HR management & leaders.
- Assists leaders with recruitment efforts for open positions as needed, including the creation and placement of advertisements for open positions. May partner with the business in the planning of and participation in college/university recruitment efforts.
- In partnership with recruitment, consults with leaders in the creation of staffing plans. Develops & implements strategies to meet organizational needs for talent.
- Assists leaders with recruitment process management in the utilization of the recruiting system. This includes, but is not limited to, providing coaching/training to increase user confidence in the system; ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of applicant flow data, and providing consultation to leaders on recruitment strategies.
- Identifies and recommends new approaches, policies, processes and procedures to affect continual improvement and efficiency of services provided by Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of Strategic, Tactical and Operational Human Resources and knowledge in the areas of organizational design and development, workforce planning and employment, compensation, employee relations, performance management, leadership development and training and associated labor laws and regulations.
- Deep analytical and critical thinking skills required for reporting, analysis and problem solving.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills; effectively work as part of an international team. Has the ability to influence outcomes and results.
- Strong focus on building relationships throughout the organization and able to influence stakeholders
- Highly developed verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Netherlands employment law
- Excellent master of English and Dutch (verbally and written) and preferably other European language(s).
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to successfully multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- High level proficiency in MS Office and HRIS system required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel and other software for statistical and data analyses.
- A moderate to high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies; seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience facilitating change in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independent in a remote and global team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (Hbo) in human resources, business or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years of professional level experience in Human Resources required in an international organization, involving several of the following major functional areas: employee relations, recruitment, compensation, organizational development.
- A thorough knowledge in the field of Human Resources, as well as in general business, required.
- Experience working closely with HR team members in other countries and Netherlands locations preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analyses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid and current passport
- A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies in order to put the elements of problems into proper perspective. Seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position resides within a normal office working environment. International travel will be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals in some work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment references checks.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.