Skills: HR - General, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Process Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HRIS SPECIALIST (Contract)
Reporting to the HRIS Manager, this temporary position is responsible for HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) technology system support. The HRIS Specialist evaluates, analyzes, and maintains the company HRIS. Ensures technology continuity, process improvement, and successful delivery of technology support services for all HR systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain system documentation including but not limited to configuration workbooks, processes, procedures, etc.
- Create test scripts and coordinate User Acceptance Testing
- Create and maintain training materials including but not limited to e-learnings, quick reference guides, FAQs, etc.
- Participate in project teams assigned to install upgrades, patches, new applications/modules, data loads (requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, documentation, communication, etc.)
- Interact with all levels and groups within the organization to implement, support and maintain HR systems
- Coordinate quarterly release process for system updates and enhancements
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field from an accredited university is required
- 0 to 2 years of HRIS experience
- Prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Project Management Skills
- Experience with HRIS and ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with Talent Management systems (Cornerstone) for Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Learning Management, Recruitment, Compensation, etc.
- Experience with Articulate e-learning software
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Functional HR background/experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Robust interpersonal skills.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analysis.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize your time and manage multiple projects concurrently without compromising quality
- Ability to manage change effectively, always mindful of technology, business processes and system implications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.