The Lead Project Engineer is a key role in our Shell operated QGC project based in Brisbane. In this position you will be responsible for the safe planning, design, construction management and asset management of the public road network.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Liaise and negotiate with key government stakeholders to manage QGC's traffic impact to the public road network.
- Develop a traffic network model for local and state government roads impacted by QGC's activities.
- Produce individual traffic histograms for each public road from the traffic model.
- Develop and manage road upgrade / maintenance programs to ensure delivery of the key milestones access dates for field development construction deliverables.
- Coordinate field engineers to undertake road safety inspections and audits of the public road network using knowledge of geometric road design manuals and the Manual of Uniform Traffic Controls (MUTCD).
- Ensure effective implementation of project and financial control systems to monitor project progress for Roads & Well Engineering against targets, financial management and cash forecasts.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ).
- Demonstrated civil engineering experience with delivering sealed and unsealed rural roads through design, construction, maintenance and execution.
- Proven experience with the geometric road design and pavement design of rural roads (sealed and unsealed) using design manuals and specifications.
- Experience in traffic and transport with a focus on traffic modelling for rural road networks.
- Ability to analyse traffic modelling results and develop scopes of works to mitigate increased traffic impacts to sealed and unsealed roads.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the civil road construction and maintenance sector we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.