ABOUT THIS JOB
BHGE offers the opportunity as an experienced Buying/Procurement Specialist to join the team in Mumbai, India.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under direct supervision, provides support to Procurement staff.
- Inputs and verifies correctness of data.
- Timely order conversions from purchase requisitions considering predefined criteria.
- Follow up with the suppliers to get timely confirmations on the orders.
- Maintain good communication with cross functions & suppliers to assure timely delivery of materials and services.
- Resolve inbound shipment issue with logistics & warehouse.
- Resolve delivery, quality issues and cost through problem solving and supplier performance improvements.
- Assist in the identification and elimination of non-value added steps in the supply chain.
- Follow up with the accounts payable and vendors to resolve invoice issues.
- Extracting and analyzing reports and then generating/maintaining graphical representation and dashboards for purchasing department.
- Prepares and maintains routine data files and reports in compliance with established policies.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Assists with special projects as assigned. Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Procurement
- Bachelor Degree in commerce / science
- Good MS-Excel Knowledge and SAP - MM
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical, math, communication and interpersonal skills.