Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Uruguay
Our client is looking for a Design Engineer for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
To liaise with all departments and with the specific people responsible in order to carry out the necessary engineering tasks required to complete the job as defined in procedures and work instructions. To coordinate and monitor all work that requires internal department input and reporting to the Engineer Manager for final approval.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing design concept feasibility and calculations
- Preforming engineering activities as defined in department procedures and work instructions that include:
- Assisting with the review of assigned sales orders
- Investigating and replying to field problem reports
- Providing technical support for Sales department
- Reviewing non-conformance reports
- Preparing, reviewing and approving design drawings and technical specification sheet
- Preparation and review of design, checking layouts and function test reports
- Creation of new product design and improving on existing product designs
- Responsible for test procedure writing and prototype construction as required
- Liaising with relevant departments worldwide
- Attending / participating in project and customer meetings and presenting specific aspects of engineering assignments
- BSc Degree or HNC in Engineering with substantial experience in an Engineering discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Substantial experience in an Engineering discipline in an oilfield equipment manufacturing environment
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Subsea Tree experience highly desirable.