Skills: Diving, Marine Supervisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Position: Diving Superintendent
Location: Onshore UK - (Home Office with Business Visits to London)
Client Company: Established International Marine Organisation
Summary of Role: To play a leading role in the formulation of and delivery guidance of work-related programmes for Diving.
- Provide advanced level technical advice and guidance to Industry Senior Management, Industry Workgroups and the wider Industry Specialists via presentations and seminars
- Prepare new Technical guidance documents and information notes
- Act as an Industry Representative with third party organisations - regulators, professional bodies, and others including lobbying
- Revise Diving technical guidance documents
- Take the lead for the continuous development of the Offshore Diving industry
- Monitor regulatory and technical developments which may affect Diving Industry
- Promote the Marine & Diving Industry
- Travel nationally and internationally, as required
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Degree level education is desirable but not essential
- A formal (or by experience) professional engineering or diving industry supervisor qualification.
- A demonstrable strong passion for offshore diving with significant experience and knowledge of offshore operations and offshore diving.
- A minimum of 15 years Diving experience in offshore oil & gas Sector
- Advanced technical knowledge of diving systems, as utilised by complex diving support vessels.
- A comprehensive knowledge of UK offshore diving regulations
- Extensive knowledge of diving safety management systems and the principles of safe diving practices.
- Broad experience of shipping and international offshore construction (technology, operations, projects and companies).
- Fluent written & spoken English
- Structured and systematic approach to work tasks
- Ability to stimulate and develop technical discussions
- Ability to work independently and also within a team
- Appointee will be invited to join the staff permanent pensionable payroll
- Home office based with visits to the Company's London office / UK & overseas Client office
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Interviews: As soon possible with view to making an immediate appointment.
Applications may only be accepted from EU Nationals or those with the right to work in the UK
Please apply on-line with a detailed copy of your CV along with current day contact telephone number. Quote Ref: AD124 -Diving Superintendent