Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WORK WITH THE BEST
Do you believe in quality? Play your part in raising standards with this varied and prestigious role within a leading global organisation.
The role holder will be responsible for performing ICC Food application and technical reviews as well as providing support to Scheme Managers in maintenance of the scheme such as auditor approvals and specific scheme projects.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
ENSURE QUALITY, IMPROVE STANDARDS
- Understanding, operating and updating of procedures for accredited schemes in the BV Certification Management System (BMS) relevant to the post
- Manage a list of defined projects, ensuring satisfactory delivery in accordance with schedules and deadlines.
- To support the Food ICC Technical Team to ensure the BVC Food certification activity remains robust
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, areas of deviation and areas of best practice in compliance by BV food scheme auditors to the BMS and Certification decision process
- Perform application reviews and calculate audit duration in accordance with scheme audit duration matrices
- To undertake the independent technical review for multiple standards, prioritising reviews to reduce the likelihood of certificates expiring and meet scheme owner and BV internal KPI's
- Liaise with auditors on specific errors on reports and promote fast resolution of issues
- Be proactive in ensuring the BRC and ICC KPIs are achieved and liaise with the with the Shared Service Centre (SSC) to achieve this
- Have working knowledge of BV databases such as CMX and associated tools, also scheme owner databases such as BRC Directory and ViaSyst and FSSC portal
- Read all technical updates issued by the ICC and apply them as necessary
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
COMBINING TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW WITH CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food or bio-science (or demonstrable and sustained industry experience)
- GFSI food scheme training for Food also Packaging, Storage & Distribution and Agents & Brokers schemes desirable
- HACCP training - minimum of 2 days
- Minimum 5 years food industry or inspection experience (10 years if no degree in food or bioscience).
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Professional and highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Internal BV technical reviewer training and approval for BRC and FSSC certification process
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
Structured development programmes, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.