Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Do you believe in quality? Play your part in raising standards with this varied and prestigious role within a leading global organisation.
The role holder will be responsible for managing and supporting on technical aspects of Food Schemes (currently FSSC and BRC) and ensuring Scheme Owner KPI's are met regarding auditor monitoring/competence witness auditing and undertaking report review and maintain accreditation.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
ENSURE QUALITY, IMPROVE STANDARDS
- Understanding, operating and updating of procedures for accredited schemes in the BV Certification Management System (BMS) relevant to the post
- To represent BV on technical working groups and UK certification body co-operation group meetings (shared with ICC Manager)
- To support in the management of BV global food auditors to ensure the BVC Food certification activity remains robust
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, areas of deviation and areas of best practice in compliance by BV food scheme auditors to the BMS and Certification decision process
- Perform application reviews and calculate audit durations in accordance with scheme audit duration matrices
- To support and undertake the independent technical review for multiple standards, prioritising reviews to reduce the likelihood of certificates expiring and meet scheme owner and BV internal KPI's
- To support accreditation and internal audits of schemes
- Liaise with auditors on specific errors on reports and promote fast resolution of issues
- Liaise with scheme owners where necessary
- Be proactive in ensuring the BRC and ICC KPIs are achieved and liaise with the Shared Service Centre (SSC) to achieve this
- Have working knowledge of BV databases such as CMX and associated tools, also scheme owner databases such as BRC Directory and ViaSyst and FSSC portal
- Prepare and deliver training and annual calibration for auditors when required
- Monitor auditor status including witnessed audit programmes and number of audits completed in line with scheme requirements
- Provide technical scheme updates to the network
- To investigate complaints and non-compliance
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
COMBINING TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW WITH CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food or bio-science (or 10 years' experience)
- GFSI food scheme training for Food also Packaging, Storage & Distribution and Agents & Brokers schemes desirable
- HACCP training - minimum of 2 days
- Ideally have a recognised lead auditor qualification or scheme qualifications which would enable auditor approval
- Minimum 5 years food industry or inspection experience (10 years if no degree in food or bioscience).
- GFSI food scheme experience such as implementation or ongoing management at site or certification of standards (in particular FSSC, also BRC, IFS or SQF)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional and highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to communicate across a global network
- Internal BV technical reviewer training and approval for BRC and FSSC certification process
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.