A contractual job opportunity has just been made available for an experienced CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR (CIVIL & STRUCTURAL)
to be based in Qatar by a major oil and gas company.
To qualify, candidate must posses the following: Qualification:
- HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 12 years, with hands on working experience in the Oil and Gas Industry related to Medium large engineering and construction projects with Client and Engineering Contractors.
- Competent in the use of PC including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and any other relevant software.
- Experience in the Arabian Gulf is desirable.
- Shall possess good technical skills in the discipline, as well as thorough knowledge of industry standards and their applications.
- Shall have good verbal and written communication skills to interface and communicate with internal and external departments, Agencies, contractors and vendors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, a technical service to Corporation in the Civil Construction activities, detailed design and execution stages to ensure Contractor(s) compliance to established national and international standards/specifications, procedures and regulations.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities for all areas of work covered in Civil and Structural aspects of Major Projects.
- Ensures adherence by company and Contractor personnel to Construction and HSE policies, PTW procedures and regulations by controlling and signing Work Permits.
- Conducts daily site visits and audits on the project involving all parties to ensure compliance with the approved design, implementing policies and advise corrective actions and follow-up on the suggested actions to ensure proper implementation.
- Responsibility for identifying and implementing corrective actions to incorrect practices by the Contractors in relation to all company Construction/Operations.
- Incumbent should work closely with the HSE and QAQC teams and other parties.
- Compilation of reports and preparation of statistical and trend analysis reports to assess progress performances.
- As a Construction Focal point, control and supervise the Construction activities of the assigned projects, including chairing the weekly construction progress meetings, site document control and liaison with different discipline supervisors, senior Supervisors, project engineers and personnel of other departments.
- Review the project planning and scheduling during Construction phase and identify any progress slippage, should also assist in the optimization of Contractor resources.
- Inspection of construction and materials in accordance with AFC Project Quality Plans and approved ITP's (Inspection and test plans).
- Update Construction Progress with required reports and verify Contractors progress report statements accuracy.
- Ability to highlight potential bottlenecks in advance to develop and implement solutions or corrective actions
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this tax free Job Opportunity!
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.