Job Description What's the role?
The Integrated Turnaround Manager defines and delivers an Integrated Turnaround Strategy and Plan across QGC assets. You will be responsible in developing and improving QGC turnaround processes and ensure the delivery of turnaround preparation and execution.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Maintain and improve the Integrated Turnaround Processes; own and manage the Turnaround Risk Management process
- Align QGC Turnaround processes with the Shell Asset Management System (AMS)
- Develop and own the QGC Integrated Turnaround Strategy and planning process including the 10-year Integrated Turnaround plan.
- Integrate the planning of Turnarounds with the Project Opportunity Identification process, to ensure long terms risks and opportunities are identified in Turnaround scope.
- Develop and implement detailed turnaround procedures, templates, tools and QA/QC processes
- Define the ToR for, and chair, the Turnaround Steering Committee
- Define and administer Turnaround preparation gate criteria
- Ensure key turnaround milestones appear in the business Integrated Activity Planning and Scheduling (IAPS) processes
- Develop clear roles and responsibilities for Turnaround positions and develop competencies
- Prepare Turnaround Organisation charts and pre-turnaround resource plan
- Define key performance metrics for the Turnaround program
- Collaborate with the asset Maintenance team to align on work planning accountability and standards
- Define the turnaround Emergent Work process and govern its use
- Communicate, plan for, and coordinate, all required internal and external Turnaround reviews
- Establish a network with peers in other Shell assets to ensure sharing of best practices and lessons learned on all turnaround related activity
- For each turnaround, prepare a Strategic Objectives document detailing the key turnaround drivers and gain endorsement from the Turnaround Steering Committee and key stakeholders
- Own the Turnaround Contracting Strategy and engage Contracts and Procurement to define and engage required third party contractors to support Turnarounds
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
• We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
• We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
aturally, we see you as a good team player and communicator, with demonstrated experience in offshore and onshore operations and maintenance. Alongside your broad understanding of Oil / Gas Production and Operations, leadership & stakeholder management skills, and safety culture, we're keen to hear from talented individuals with as much of the following on your CV:
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Chartered Engineer in a relevant institution, preferred
- Fundamental understanding of operations principles and processes and the ability to oversee implementation and long-term effective management
- Must be able to assure delivery via risk mitigation, follow-up and verification of key activities and actions
- Able to work on multiple activities simultaneously
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Skilled risk manager
- High level of motivation and a proven self-starter; Encourages and leads continuous improvement, challenging the status quo
- Able to effectively integrate outputs from different sources
- Maintains an openness to learning, actively looking for new ways to improve own and others' capabilities and performance.
- Instills cost conscious and value add mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
To be successful in the role you must lead from the front with solution based positive mindset, establish a network with peers in other Shell assets to ensure sharing of best practices and lessons learned on all turnaround related activity, and demonstrate excellent interfacing with Shell Energy Australia team in order to deliver effective Integrated Production Planning, customer supply contract requirements, statutory requirements and maintenance planning; optimizing Turnaround scope to minimize overall Production impact.
To be able to carry out this role effectively you must be able to work as part of a team to develop ideas and solutions to both simple and complex problems. Working to high safety and quality standards is essential to our success, while ensuring that Personal Safety and Asset Integrity is maintained on our journey to GOAL ZERO.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.