Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $400 - $450 per month
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Directional Driller performs directional drilling services. The Directional Driller plans, executes, and manages all phases of a directional drilling job to deliver services that meet client expectations and the expected standards. He/she also provides technical support to clients and other crew members at the wellsite. The Directional Driller reports directly to the Field Service Manager
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current firms Drilling technology and strategy
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD's following the equip training program.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements (if applicable). - Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, and determines the need for additional training in a fair and consistent manner
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced ell planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all Incident / accident events on the job, and at the office, in Quest.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports / client's final product delivery.
- Acts as the Drilling & Measurements - client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative, rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Ensures all Drilling & Measurements reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) or equivalent
- Minimum seven years' of directional drilling experience.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.