Skills: Accounting, Asset Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
State: TX 77034
Location: Houston, TX 77034
Role Purpose Statement: The Collections Supervisor is responsible for all delinquent/past due activities related to the collection of funds for the Commodities Division. (and other divisions as assigned).This role includes overseeing the daily operations of the collections department. The supervision of Collection Analysts whose duties are to process collection payments. This position includes the accurate and timely tasks of gathering information, processing payments and preparing summary reports on the collection activities and status.
Reporting to: Divisional Financial Controller
- Manage analyse and collect on outstanding nationwide balances/past due accounts.
- Work with project accountants and collectors to determine which accounts require immediate attention.
- Generate weekly reports, with data taken from multiple arrangements, when necessary.
- May work with legal counsel or outside collections agencies to handle overdue accounts.
- Evaluate current process, identify challenges and implement procedures to stream line the process.
- Telephone and written communication with internal and remote staff, President, Vice President, Regional Finance Manager, other management regarding collections/collection activity.
- Prepare reports summarizing the timely collection activity and collection status (including the timely processing of Client checks upon receipt and the processing of Client credit card payments).
- Acquire information to enable accurate Client (collection) communications in a timely manner.
- Process Client checks and Client credit card payments.
- Report on unapplied cash and maintain associated reports.
- Supervise Collection Analysts with the collection processing.
- Provide technical training to direct report as needed to improve efficiency of process.
- Improve process on acquiring information to enable accurate Client collections in a timely manner
- Process Client checks and credit card payments upon receipt.
- Accurately prepare reports summarizing the timely collection activity and collection status (including the timely processing of Client checks upon receipt and the processing of Client credit card payments).
- Manage unapplied cash and maintain associated reports.
- Show a record of reports stating unapplied cash.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within team environments.
- Proven exceptional communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to negotiate and achieve results.
- Strong mathematical, technical and reporting skills
- Advanced skills using MS Office Projects (Primarily Excel - with the ability to create complex spread sheets, formulas, pivot tables and graphs
- Ability to aggressively communicate with Clients regarding outstanding invoices while maintaining the interpersonal skills of professionalism, sensitivity, and courtesy.
- Ability to adapt to process changes in procedures and systems.
- Accuracy, timeliness and proficient organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports summarizing collection status and activities.
- Proven knowledge of basic accounting practices and collection activity knowledge.
- Supervisory skills to maintain and improve direct reports performance and productivity.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
Minimum EDUCATION / Experience & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting/ Collections with 2+ years supervisory experience
- Previous accounting experience in an engineering, consulting or services firm preferred
- Excellent communication skills with high level of English proficiency, both written and verbal
- Intermediate computer and Microsoft (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced skills using MS Office Products (Primarily Excel, with the ability to crate complex spread sheets, formulas, pivot tables, and graphs) required
- Experience using JD Edwards and GetPaid- preferred
Job Type: Full-time
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.