Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: US (rotation)
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support and enforce daily implementation of the SLB and client HSE Management Systems
- Conduct rig inspections in all areas in regular basis as part of the daily activities
- Show visible commitment and be seen as leader towards QHSE at all times.
- Ensure ERP is strictly followed for any HSE incident.
- Conduct formal reviews of Segments and Third Parties equipment installations at rig site
- Immediately intervene and report any HSE non-conformance to the Well site leader.
- Support and enforce PTW system compliance for all non-routine operations
- Actively participate in Tool Box Talks / Safety meetings, etc.
- Provide support in creating risk analysis such as JSAs, HAZOP and HARC's
- Ensure that Companies policies are posted, known, understood and applied by all employees.
- Conduct applicable training of personnel. Review certification records and keep personnel well aware of their HSE training requirements and gaps.
- Verify HSE compliance of contractors according to their job related.
- Input monthly reports data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in Rig moves ensuring Mechanical Lifting Plans are applied
- Organize and measure ERP effectiveness trough regular drills as per schedule
- Verify all new or transferred personnel have attended a Schlumberger orientation covering specific country and project topics, including security and HSE, and verify that the orientation is documented.
- Ensure that regular and sufficient meetings are held to maintain focus on HSE issues.
- Conduct site orientation meetings which should include relevant emergency planning information, alarm signals and precautions to be taken before and during major emergencies to all participants, to any local community exposed and to local emergency response personnel.
- Follow up compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental Plans (SLB and Client) specific for the location.
- Actively support any positive-reinforcement behaviour programs to reward and recognize members of the project team from all levels, including subcontractors.
- Maintain appropriate HSE and associated records.
- Participate in SLB CAT, Journey Management, IT, SIPP and other audit protocols as required.
- Lead HSE Meetings with segments and key contractors.
- Responsible for HSE leadership programs implementations (i.e. Safety Captain) when applicable
- Ensures HSE reporting is consistent with the requirements of OFS-QHSE Standard 02 and Client requirements.
- Monitors and analyses HSE leading and lagging indicators, results, trends and performance indicators; ensuring remedial work plans address negative trends.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HSE Professional training.
- University degree in a related field such as Occupational health & safety or Environmental science/management preferred
- 3+ years field HSE experience
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Strong HSE leadership
- High Energy level
- Initiative and communication
- People and Process oriented
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.